- Sports @ JFK
- Class Pages
- School Council
- Policies / Documents
- Latest Ofsted Report
- School Performance
- Pupil Premium
- Kidszone - KS1
- Kidszone - KS2
In 2014 the government produced a new code of practice updated in January 2015. The school follows the code of practice for pupils with special or additional needs. All classes are of mixed ability and teachers provide work that is relevant to the needs of each pupil. Pupils may receive extra classroom support.
If a child has special or additional needs or has a specific disability, parents/carers will be informed that their child is being added to the special educational needs and disability register. These children will have a support plan (formerly known as an individual education plan or IEP) which is specific to their needs. The plan will be reviewed regularly with parents/carers.
For a small number of children, school may need to involve specialist services for advice. Parents will always be informed of this in advance.
Miss Quinn is our SENDCO who is responsible for children on the SEND register and for supporting staff and parents. Mrs Lowery is our SEND Link Governor who can be contacted on 0191 2193745. Please click to access our school SEND Policy. Our SEND Policy has been reviewed in March 2018.
As part of the new government regulations, schools are required to publish a SEND Information Report to inform parents about SEND provision within the school.
There is also an Annual Report to Governors which reviews SEND provision within the school.
The SEND information report January 2018 conforms to the legislation and guidance as follows:
- Section 6 of the Special educational needs and disability code of practice 2014
- Regulation 51 and schedule 1 to the Special Needs and Disability regulations 2014 where appropriate
- Paragraph3 of schedule 10 to the Equality Act 2010
- Section 69 of the Children's and Families Act 2014 including:
- The arrangements for the admission of disabled pupils
- The steps taken to prevent disabled pupils from being treated less favourably than other pupils
- the facilities provided to help disabled pupils to access the school