The Governing Body and staff of JFK strongly believe that a uniform helps children to develop a sense of belonging to the school and promotes equality of opportunities.
The school no longer sells uniform direct to our parents, all items of John F Kennedy branded uniform can be purchased through Little Gems in the Washington Galleries
- Royal blue sweatshirt/ cardigan with school badge
- White or pale blue polo shirt or shirt
- Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress
- Sensible black shoes
- Blue gingham dress in summer/ grey shorts
- Royal blue fleece jacket with school logo (OPTIONAL)
Wellington boots must be worn on snowy days with a change of footwear for indoors.
We strongly discourage hairstyles with shaved patterns, ‘high’ spikes and dyed hair.
PE kit consists of:
- White t-shirt (a separate item from the white polo shirt or shirt worn in school during the day)
- Navy shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Trainers or sandshoes (plimsolls)
- Draw string PE bag to keep PE kit together on children’s pegs.
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school. The exceptions to this rule are ear-ring studs in pierced ears, and small objects of religious significance. We ask the children to either remove these objects during PE and games, or cover them with a plaster, to prevent them from causing injury